2020 was a great year for the paddleboarding business, but not so great for consumers trying to get their hands on a new board late in the season. With COVID-19 restrictions, stand up paddleboards were more popular than ever as they provided a safe activity people could do "together but apart." Although vaccines are now on their way to the general public, we expect 2021 to be similar, as the popularity of the sport continues to rise. Plan ahead if you want to purchase your own board, or find a great rental place near you to try the sport out before you invest.
That being said, here are 10 other reasons we think you should try standup paddleboarding in 2021.
- It’s an activity you can do with your friends while still social distancing
- It’s great exercise - emphasizing your core, back, glutes, and legs
- It’s low intensity and very zen - you can feel like you're the only person on the planet
- Amp up the action by paddle surfing ocean waves or river rapids (not for the faint of heart)
- It’s an economic pastime - invest once, ride for many years. (A good all around board can accommodate the whole family’s needs.)
- Or try one out via rental first
- Big traveler? Buy an inflatable (aka iSup) and take it anywhere
- For the adventurous, it can be done in multiple seasons (wet suit and all)
- Express yourself with specialty and custom board designs
- Spend quality time with your pup - they can ride, too!
What would you add to the list?
Always remember to have a personal floatation device on board, and one for your dog if you’re taking a canine companion. Enjoy, have fun, and watch those currents! We’d love to see your paddleboarding photos! Tag us: #lifewaterhappy #yupsuplife
Enjoy the water!